Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Paddy's day

Well, it was yesterday and it has been a month since my last post. This was supposed to be a joint effort between my sister and I and she hasn't been able to get into the new, improved Blogger, and I have been mad at it, and not eating properly, so I have been hiding. And I sort of miss my old blog, where I would just write about whatever struck me. I may start a new one, maybe.

I still haven't sold my house, but I feel pretty confident that it will sell in the next couple of months. If it doesn't, they may have to lock me up. After I interviewed for the good job, I decided I really don't want to live in the town where it is, I really want to be in the new town, and so I emailed them and asked to be removed from consideration for the job. And I feel really good about having done that. I finally realized that I want to be in the new town, I don't want to work for someone else for a long term job, I want to create and grow my own business, and work for myself, because I am not very good at working for others. I want the freedom of working for myself and if I am going to work hard, it is going to be for me, not someone else. And I realized I can rent for a while and not worry about buying a house right now, which is a worry because of the housing costs here, my payments would be $1000 +, but I can rent a little hole in the wall for half that. That payment may not sound like much to some people, but housing costs here far exceed pay rates, so trying to pay that much in a house payment on a $10 an hour job, is near impossible. So, I will go down there and get a job, temporarily, and work on learning my trade and building a business, and eventually, I will be able to give up the other job and just work for me.

No comments: