Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Morning Coffee

I worship my morning coffee. I make 2 espresso's every morning, and always drink them with non fat milk and sugar. I refuse to give that up. I don't drink, or smoke or gamble, but I do love my coffee. And so, that means I am keeping some sugar in my eating plans. I have cut out all the other sugar, and there was a lot to cut out. Really. A lot. I like sugar. So, cutting out refined sugar is a really big step for me, and I have done very well. And I was afraid that I would have afternoon cravings for it, but I don't.

My biggest problem is my portion control. I had a friend once who said she had "portion distortion". But, I have noticed that when I eat less, I feel a lot better. Physically better. I ate to that overfull feeling, but always had it. That was my biggest surprise, how much better I felt immediately by not eating as much. I had not realized how bad I always felt after eating, until I started eating less. For now, I will stay away from things that tempt me to really over eat, like potatoes and gravy. I am powerless over gravy.

I am working on selling my house and moving to a new place, and one of my requirements in a new place is it's walkability. I have to be able to walk and have a destination- coffee, or grocery store or library. Somewhere to go . Otherwise I won't do it. I am not a big fan of exercise, but if I have a purpose, that really helps. Even if it just walking to get my morning paper. I don't need a huge purpose, just a purpose.

SO, I am on my way.

No comments: