Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sister # 2

Ginnie reads blogs, but I'm bit of a novice here...and had trouble even figuring out how to post. Connie is my name, and, as I am a rughooker, I sometimes use the screenname of woolcats. I entered that name not knowing Ginnie had used our real names. OUR REAL NAMES. Oh no! Does that mean I can't hide behind my screenname if I fall down on this quest for better health? (and smaller pants) Well, my thought is, if we are putting ourselves out here, we darned well better do the job we say we are going to. Accountbility seems to be the buzz word this year, and I'm in.
When we first talked about it, I thought it would be a good way for us to support one another in our quest for better health. In our family we have a lot of heart disease as well as cancer. (I am a cancer survivor, and another sister had double bypass a few years ago) Ginnie is the baby in the family and we would like it if she never experiences either of those health problems. I embraced the idea wholeheartedly..only...what about the can of almond roca my kids gave me for Christmas? And I have these wonderful handmade truffles that a friend of mine made me for the holidays. And Rick made that great chex mix. It was a dilemma. Coming from a family that always promoted the clean plate club, and waste not want not...the only way I could start this thing was to eat all of that prior to beginning. On one hand I was urging Ginnie to get the blog set up. and on the other hand I was fervently hoping she'd be slow about it.
This is my moment of truth and I am ready for the challenge. I purchased Bob Green's diet book, heck if he could help Oprah lose weight, surely he can help me and Gin. We will be happier healthier women because of it. Off we go.
Connie

No comments: