Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Things left out

Did you notice how skillfully I did not tell you what I have been eating? I have a friend who gave me a recipe for baked oatmeal. It is essentially a very dense oatmeal cake, baked in a 9x13 pan, and then cut into squares to eat. I cut it into 12 portions, and each one is a half cup of oatmeal, a little olive oil, and a little sugar. I am going to reduce the sugar next time I make it. It is a little too sweet for me. So, I cut it into portions, and freeze it, and eat one each morning. I heat it up and pour milk over it. It is really good. I am not very good at eating breakfast, and this is really helping with that.

For lunch today, I had an apple and brie sandwich. Also good, but the ciabatta roll was too bready. I have been eating a lot of fruit, too. Well, a lot of fruit compared to what I usually eat. WHich is none. So I am eating a couple of pieces a day, so that is good, too.

I am primarily trying to eat mindfully, and much smaller portions. I am avoiding sugar, exept for my morning coffee and oatmeal. I am eating more whole grain, and less processed white things. That is my only goal right now. My next goal is to move more.
Ginnie

No comments: