Friday, January 26, 2007

This and that

I am not a good sleeper, and so I usually sleep in a little to compensate. But this morning I woke up sort of early, and got up. Yea, for me!!! I need to live near Connie because she walks with me. Whenever we travel together, I sleep like a baby. All that exercise. Hmm, a connection, perhaps? I think yes. You would think that would get me out walking, but it doesn't, yet.

I have been overweight for a very long time. I care, and I would rather not be this heavy. But it wasn't on the top of my list. I am happier than I have ever been in my life. And to focus on the weight just really brought me down a little. But I am not able to do many things that I would like to do, because of my weight. And then, at the fist of the year, it became important. I refuse to start yet another diet. I am trying to make a permanent change, that will last for a the rest of my life. I think I must have super efficient taste buds, because everything tastes so good. I am trying to find satisfaction in other things than food. It is an ongoing effort to change my evil ways, but I am trying, and I have hope that I can do it.

It is one of many changes I have been working on over the last year. I got a divorce almost 4 years ago, and have been somewhat content to just live and have a peaceful life, but it is now time for some changes. They are good changes, but will be hard ones, for a little while. I am grateful for my life.

No comments: