Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Sun

Like much of the country, we have had some weird weather this year. So much snow. There has been snow on the ground since Thanksgiving, and that is pretty rare. We usually get a couple snows a year and that's it. But not this year. But yesterday and today, and clear into next week. Oh, the glory of the sun! In the last couple of years, the winters here in the Cascade foothills have really gotten to me. It gets dark around 3 pm in the deepest winter, and it is so depressing. B ut then, in January, one day the sun comes out and it is all better. I feel human again, and like I can tolerate the rest of the winter. ind of like a little booster shot.

I have been fairly good with my eating, but I don't own a scale so I have no idea if it has resulted in any weight losss. Just being in some sort of control is somewhat empowering. I am off the next 3 days and intend to wallow in the sun.

No comments: